The game supports 2 build-in radio modes: Playback of local MP3s on your PC, or streaming radio from the Internet.
Place MP3s in My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\music. Subfolders are fine, but the game will just list all the MP3s without folder info.
To avoid duplicating all your MP3s into this folder from their usual location, you can use an NTFS Junction Point to 'link' your main music folder to the game's music folder, like this:
C:\>mklink /J "%userprofile%\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\music\stuff" "%userprofile%\Music"
A folder/link will appear under the \music\ folder, which when selected takes you to your main music folder. The game then reads all files in that location as if they were in \music\.
You can also add a folder shortcut to the music folder you want to add.
- Open your "Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\music" folder.
- In the empty space, either right-click or press your menu key on your keyboard to open a context menu. Then, hover your cursor over the "New" option, then click "Shortcut" in the "New" submenu.
- Alternately, on Windows 8 (including 8.1), you can select the "Home" menu on the ribbon bar at the top of your window, select "New item", and then click "Shortcut".
- Browse to your music folder or type/paste in the folder's location path to select it. Click "Next", change the shortcut's name if you want to, and then click "Finish".
- The new shortcut will appear in the folder. You can then launch Euro Truck Simulator 2 and go to your radio to play your songs.
Any subfolders in the linked folder will be covered. Direct shortcuts to your files will not work, only folder shortcuts.
Custom Streaming RadioEdit
The game supports streaming radio stations in http/mp3 and mms formats. You can manually add internet radio streams to the game by adding the stream URL to a config file. To do this:
- Load ETS2 at least once, and navigate to Radio -> Streaming -> Update From Internet
- Open My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\live_streams.sii in Notepad
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and add in new stations in the same format as the ones above
- Make sure the stream numbers are unique for each line (stream_data[XX], where as XX are suppose to be unique sequential/following numbers for every station. i.e. 1,2,3,4...,70,71,72)
Note: You can overwrite pre-existing streams with your own custom ones, then use 'Update From Internet' within the game without overwriting your custom streams.
ETS Radio - Dedicated Euro Truck Simulator station
A Radio station broadcasting classical music
Bunch of Russian stations playing a variety of music (Russian, German, English)
|Station Name||Stream URL|
|Nash Radio (RU)||http://184.108.40.206/nashe-128.mp3|
|BBC World #1|
|BBC World #2|
|BBC Radio 1 - UK (128k)|
|BBC Radio 1xtra - UK (128k)|
|BBC Radio 2 - UK (128k)|
|BBC Radio 3 - UK (128k)|
|BBC Radio 4 - UK (128k)|
|BBC Radio 4xtra - UK (128k)|
|BBC Radio 5 Live - UK (128k)|
|BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra - UK (128k)|
|BBC Radio 6 - UK (128k)|
|BBC Asia - UK (128k)|
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found